Jewelry purchases differ from new apparel purchases. We’re betting that since you buy new clothes at least once every two months, you’re kind of an expert at this. Most likely, you don’t buy jewelry as often as you do clothing. Additionally, it’s a little more difficult than choosing the cutest sweater. There is a lot of mention about cut, color, clarity, and carat.
Your gothic engagement rings are among the most significant purchases you will ever make. Make sure the jeweler from whom you purchase your ring set is a trustworthy individual. As a result, choosing the jeweler and ring that best suits your requirements is crucial.
How to Choose the Best Jewelry Store for You
Request recommendations. Word-of-mouth is crucial. In any industry, a recommendation from a trustworthy friend or relative is precious. Don’t be fearful. Ask your granny, your neighbor, your coworker, and the jeweled woman you keep running into at the coffee shop. Always preferable are more specifics!
Visit various businesses’ social media pages to learn more. The way a firm engages with its internet audience reveals a lot about it. A recommendation for a jeweler with 10,000 Facebook likes is just as trustworthy as one for your best friend.
Pay attention to after-sale services. Another fantastic indication of a jeweler’s competence is the after-sale services they offer. Do they provide prompt and effective repairs or routine cleanings? To provide their consumers with lifetime customer service, great jewelers work hard. You might believe that brick-and-mortar jewelers are the only people who can answer these queries, but there are online businesses that also offer these services or can direct you toward obtaining them.
You can use ratings on common things as an approximate indication of their quality. Just make sure to ask about credentials. The only “review” you can get from a third party because each diamond is unique and has never been owned before is a professional diamond certification.
The three organizations that participate most in diamond certification are the American Gem Society, Gemological Institute of America, and European Gemological Laboratory. If your jeweler shows a certification from one of them, that’s a good sign.
In the end, choosing a jeweler comes down to personal preference. Since you want this to be a permanent relationship, you should feel comfortable working with them. If they refuse to answer any of your questions or provide any of the needed proof, you should stay away from them. There are several top-notch jewelers to pick from, both offline and online. If a red flag arises when you are conducting your study, don’t be afraid to strike that person off your list.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying Jewelry
- Can you create your own design if you can’t find one you like?
- Do you have to pay for customization?
- How long would it take to produce if you choose your own design?
- How long will it take to complete any changes?
- Even if you choose a ready-made design, you could desire an inside engraving or need a different size. It’s important to be aware of how long these adjustments will take.
- How long would it take to complete the suggested changes?
- Do you guarantee that my order will arrive by my wedding?
- Is there a chance that the size will change in the future?
- What is your return policy?
- What if your spouse doesn’t approve?
You can end up with a ring that, despite your best efforts, you are not happy with. In this case, especially if the ring was built to order, you should find out what steps must be taken to rectify a negative experience before making a purchase.
- What is the return policy if the ring is not what I expected it to be?
- Will all of my expenses be covered? Any that can be customized should be included.
- How long will it take to fix the problem?
- Who pays the return shipping cost?
- How long do I have to return the ring?
- What happens if the ring breaks?
Online Jewelers May Have a Better Selection
These are a few extra factors to take into consideration while picking the ideal jeweler for you. You might prefer unusual jewelry, like a gothic wedding band. Does the jeweler have choices that suit your personal taste? Additionally, do they generally have a large variety?
You might wish to develop a long-term relationship with the jeweler you locate once you’ve found them. After all, your gothic wedding band won’t likely be the final jewelry item you purchase. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to make other purchases at the same store? Particularly if you’ve already done your research and are familiar with their services and rules.
Quick Tips for Jewelry Cleaning
You’ll want to take care of your gothic wedding band for a very long time once you’ve selected the right jeweler and it. When worn, the jewelry should sparkle, but over time, sweat, air, moisture, lotions, soaps, and other chemicals can cause your favorite pieces to lose their brilliance.
Fortunately, most of the items in your jewelry box may be cleaned without going to a jeweler. Make pearls appear glossy once more, revive tarnished metal and faded gold, and bring back the glimmer of gemstones like diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires.
- Remove your rings before washing your hands, applying moisturizer, doing housework, or using cosmetics to keep the settings clean. Prior to donning necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, apply perfume.
- If you wear jewelry while swimming, chlorine, and saltwater could destroy it.
- After each usage, wipe the pearls with a gentle cloth to remove any bodily fluids or perfume that could turn them yellow.
- Silver should be worn, not kept in a jewelry box! It grows shinier the more you wear it (the friction slows down, tarnishing). When not in use, store accessories in an anti-tarnish bag.
- Have expert jewelers regularly check your precious jewelry to make sure the settings are secure, and the stones are in good shape.
The gothic wedding band and engagement ring combination you choose will be among your biggest investments to date. Finding the ideal jeweler for you is essential. Find a store with a wide range, top-notch customer support, and amazing designs.
To learn more about Black Diamonds New York, click here. We have what you’re looking for and we’re eager to support you during the significant events in your life. Contact us today!